Shoreline Stabilization Links

Shoreline Rip-Rap Update from WI DNR November 2022:

Permits for rock riprap are needed on the Minong Flowage.  It is an ASNRI water (Area of Special Natural Resource Interest) and those waters require permits.

If a lake or stream is not an ASNRI water they may be exempt from a permit if they follow the exemption guidelines but this does not apply to the Minong Flowage. This covers both Washburn and Douglas Counties.


Minong Flowage ASNRI – Area of Special Natural Resource Interest map – November 2022

Shoreline Erosion Control Structures Permitting | | Wisconsin DNR

Wisconsin Shoreline Stabilization Guide


Regulations & Ordinances

Decontamination Ordinance

Wisconsin Boating Laws and Responsibilities

Wisconsin Boating Safety Education Requirements

Wisconsin Waterway Markers and Buoy Guidelines


DNR General Information

DNR Information on the Minong Flowage